Posted to alt.home.repair
Justin Time[_2_] Justin Time[_2_] is offline

Default Garage Door Tension Springs

wrote in message
The door company I used ALWAYS had the required springs in stock.
Where I worked we had SIX overhead doors that were upened and closed
many times per day. Every spring and every fall we adjusted the door
springs to compensate for the weight of the doors that changed with
humidity - and every once in a while we had a spring break. I replaced
one of those big suckers - and convinced the boss to call the door
company for the next one. In the neighbourhood I've adjusted and
replaced the springs on about a dozen garage doors - both tension and
torsion. NO WAY would I attempt to "patch" the spring with cable
clamps ("U" bolts). It's a case of get the door down, and leave it
there untill the spring is replaced.

And if a NEW spring breaks, you are buying junk springs.

Such a wonderful world it would be if everyone had all the items we need
right when we need it.

To each his own. All I know is, it held up fine.