Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:57:44 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 21:07:18 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:37:12 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:45:34 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Were the parents Professors or school teachers? Profs make more.

Larry - please read... see the word "teachers" in the above
paragraph? Note also that my DIL started out at $45K. That should
have made sense in the context of retired teachers making double
that.

I did read but people use words carelessly, so I checked. So sue me.
I'm in a small, rural part of Oregon and you're over in the big city.
Salaries are a bit different in the two places.

Come on Larry - I have repeated stated that I am in Central NY. The big
city you speak of is Syracuse. We are very rural around here - we are not
NYC - note the use of NY and not the use of NYC. We are one of the lowest
income areas of our state. We probably are not so different from where you
live. Maybe you should not have assumed what "NY" meant...

The East Coast is one big city, as is the greater San Angeles area
here on the Left Coast. You've never been rural so you don't know.

But New York covers a lot of land that is FAR from the "east coast"
and about as "rural" as you could get. Real "hill-billy country" -

FWIW, the community I live in, if I displayed photos, most people would
classify as "suburban". I can walk 10 minutes in one direction and I'm
on a tobacco farm. I can walk 10 minutes the other way and I'm on a
dairy farm. In 2 hours driving I can be in one of the largest cities in
the world. So how do you classify the locality?