Abdullah Eyles

Default Ok, where was my brain..???

PoP wrote in message . ..

I still have memories of working on a record player, and falling
asleep during the repair. When I woke up I remembered I was going to
chop through the mains cable, so did so.

I got two old reel-to-reel tape recorders, to make "one from two"...
They had three big 240V motors, one for each reel and one for the
capstan.

I took the motors out, wired up three pairs of wires to a 13A plug and
connected two of the motors... Nice! they worked a treat... Now to
find the wires to connect the third one...

Held one wire in my right hand, then found the other one with my
left... then found myself up in the air and down onto my bed.....
OUCH!!! (no RCD in those days, either)

Just to prove that my brain is still in the same condition as it was
then:
last spring, I put a 200 litre tank in our loft to guard against water
shortages, always wondered why it was empty so quickly when the mains
was off...

Just relised that I didn't put a check-valve on the incoming main!
Thats this week-ends work!