Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Proper light bulbs returning?

In article ,
Mike Barnes writes:
Andrew Gabriel :
The issue of "equivalents" seems to be being corrected - I notice
that 18W CFL's are no longer incorrectly quoted as 100W equivalent.

I look forward to a sensible world, where the brightness was specified
as the light *output*, shortly after switching on (say 3 seconds), when
half its rated life has elapsed.

Never going to happen, is it? Slimy *******s.

It's already in EU law, but not yet in national laws.
It will require lamp packaging to list the Lumen output
instead of the power rating. I'm not pleased that the
power rating will no longer be required though. The
lighting industry argued that the public was confused
by the power rating and its request to remove it from
packaging was granted. Power rating must still be
available from manufacturers (e.g. datasheets, web, etc),
but won't be required at point of sale.

--
Andrew Gabriel