Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default OT New French breathalyser law

Halmyre wrote:
On Feb 26, 7:39 pm, Another Dave wrote:
"A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in
France to carry £2 breathalyzer kits in their cars."

http://www.ferryonline.co.uk/news/20...itstoberequire...

We already carry two warning triangles, two luminous vests, a fire
extinguisher, a spare pair of spectacles, a complete set of bulbs and a
first aid kit. There's probably other stuff I don't even know about.

It's a minefield out there

FFS. We're hoping to take the wife's MX5 to France and Italy this
year. By the time we've got all the compulsory crap in it there'll be
no room for her, the luggage and me. And I know where I'll be in the
queue with the luggage...

Take the approach that I have and buy a house at your destination then when
you drive there you only need to take enough clothes for the stopover.