Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Proper light bulbs returning?

In article ,
Tim Watts writes:
I have had consistently good results from Prolite spirals over the last 3
years. I have had a couple of bulbs burning 24h/day and the lifetime seems
to be around 2 years - so somewhere bweteen 15,000 - 20,000 hours.

The 25W and 30W BC ones are extremely good - fast start up and good light -
far better than an incandesent for working by.

But they are not cheap - which pretty much sums it up. I got fed up with
supermarket crap dying or being useless I did a trial of several types.

I recommended the 23W Feit ones from Costco elsewhere in the thread.
They are cheap (and come variously in packs of 4 or 6), but they're
currently out of stock until April. I've fitted loads of them over
the last 4-5 years and so far very few have failed. Many of these are
running in enclosed hot fittings too.

--
Andrew Gabriel