Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Proper light bulbs returning?

On Mar 4, 3:13*am, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts
Only if they live up to their promised lifetime which IME they don't
get anywhere near, especially the very expensive high power ones you
need to replace a 100W incandescent.

And if a CFL fails early in its life my experience is that one really
resents having to pay so much to replace it.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".

I mark mine with the date when I install it. I will be taking any
back that fail inside the advertised time. No failures yet.
I have no incandescent lamps at all.
I agree the "equivalency" is rubbish.