Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Proper light bulbs returning?

On Mar 3, 9:57*pm, H. Neary wrote:
On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 13:00:44 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
On Mar 3, 8:46*pm, NT wrote:
On Mar 3, 8:41*pm, H. Neary wrote:

I see a few places are stocking 100W incandescent bulbs again.

Instant on, and a hell of a lot cheaper now the subsidies have
rendered the so called more efficient lamps so expensive.

HN

The TCO of CFLs works out cheaper

Only if they live up to their promised lifetime which IME they don't
get anywhere near, especially the very expensive high power ones you
need to replace a 100W incandescent.

But carbon filament lamps are incandescent.

I assume the total cost of ownership refers to Tungsten incidentally.

HN

Carbon filiment??????? I thought THEY went out 90-100 years ago?