Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Soft starter question

On Mar 3, 9:36*am, "Oppie" wrote:

Was thinking of adding a soft start system in series with the original
starter. Considered a VFD but have heard that using one with a motor not
designed for such makes problems. Even adding a line reactor to remove
harmonic content may be required. All told, a soft starter appears to be the
best choice.

Oppie

You might ask if there is anyone that has had problems using a vfd on
an old motor. I know it is possible to have a problem, but I have not
had a problem. However I have not used that many VFD's with old
motors. So I would ask others with more experience.

Dan