Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Pyrex bowls wedged together

D.M.Chapman wrote
robgraham wrote

I've enjoyed the deviations form the true path of this topic
in to marmalade making, etc. We'll try the dishwasher
approach followed by the outside/inside cold idea. Angle
grinders, WD40 and duct tape are not kitchen items !! :)

That's not a very good D-I-Y Kitchen then.

Yep.

I've got WD40 and duct tape in our kitchen

Me too.

- although I'll admit the angle grinder is in the conservatory at the moment

Mine can be in the kitchen, I'm still building it and prefer
steel to wood when I can like for the bench frames etc.

The 20' bench down one side is catalevered off the concrete block
wall on a 38mm RHS frame so the stuff like the dishwasher and
small vertical freezers the size of bar fridges and cupboards etc
can just slide in under that for great flexibility as things change etc.

Next you'll be saying you don't have a stanley knife in the
cutlery drawer (brilliant for scoring pork skin for crackling :-))

And for getting the paper labels off the cans of beer brew before
putting them in the sink filled with hot water so if flows out better.