Posted to uk.d-i-y
Moonraker[_2_] Moonraker[_2_] is offline

Default Pyrex bowls wedged together

Adrian C wrote:
On 03/03/2012 09:22, robgraham wrote:
I know it's not strictly DIY, but I'm tasked with getting them apart !

Two bowls on the same diameter and are well wedged together slightly
at an angle. I wonder if they been taken out of the dishwasher hot by
one of the members of the family and have effectively 'shrunk'
together, but they certainly won't come apart.

Any ideas - I've tried hot water and then the deep freeze without
success - maybe significant oven heat ?

Fill water in the gap, then place in the deep freeze?

AAA+. TNP's award for the most creative and practical idea to date.

As an aside my wife bottles loads of fruit - and can never open the lids!

I have discovered that a blunt knife inserted op top of the rubber seal,
from the side, can be used to compress it enough to break the seal..

The problem with the blunt knife is that it often damages the rubber
band. I know that one is supposed to replace them every time, but that
makes bottling more expensive than necessary.