Roger Mills

Default Baxi boiler overheat

"R P McMurphy" wrote in message

this makes sence. my baxi solo mk1 used to have to be reset regularly

until
i turned the stat on the boiler down to about halfway...not had a problem
since. aamoi, my system has a 'short circut' between flow and return with

tap controling the flow....all rads have trv's....would it be of use to

fit
a auto bypass valve like what screwfix sell it the taps place? the tap
system seems a crude way of donig its job.

rpm

Yes, an auto by-pass is better - because it will *only* open when the water
has nowhere else to go.

As others have suggested elsewhere, you *can* get auto by-pass valves with a
pressure switch - which can be used to turn the boiler off when all the TRVs
are closed. The wiring can a bit complex though!

Roger