Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default 108-year-old vacuum cleaner

On Mar 2, 1:51*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 10:11:09 -0800, DerbyDad03 wrote:
...but can he still get bags? *;-)

I was kidding. I'm guessing it's a bagless unit.

What, you mean that feature wasn't invented by Dyson!? ;-)

....and what a stupid feature it is.

I don't even like emptying my Dustbuster in the house because of the
dust that flies around when you do. I can't imagine dumping a full
sized canister full.

Taking it out to the garbage can is a pain - and still a mess.

Somebody explain to me the theory behind putting a Hepa filter on a
vacuum and then letting dust fly all over the place when you try to
empty the canister?

We had a small bagless unit for a couple of months. It was something
SWMBO bought to throw in the hallway closet for quick pickups. As soon
as she got tired of breathing the dust every time she emptied it and
started asking me to do it, it made one last trip out to the garbage
can and never made it back into the house.