Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Raising snowblower handles?

On Mar 2, 10:03*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

-snip-

Post your question (along with the model number) in this forum. These
guys are really good and some have modified their snow blowers in some
pretty incredible ways.

http://www.opeonthenet.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

Damn you-- * I was avoiding them because they are a giant time-sucking
vortex of fascinating BS.g

I spent an hour going through the 'mods' thread--- *did you get those
platform shoes?g

I might post over there after I talk to my neighbor about my current
'brilliant idea'.

Jim

Yeah, that's a pretty cool site. Really easy to waste a lot of time
there. You'll also find that they're a lot more civil over there
compared to certain newsgroups, if you know what I mean. When they
disagree on something, they discuss it calmly or agree to disagree.

It was actually someone from a.h.r that pointed me in their direction
when I was trying to compare different SB models.

Once I posted my question there, they suggested I look at the new
Ariens Sno-Tek line - same price as the Craftsman/TroyBilt/MTD (which
are all the same machine) but much better built.

No, I never bought the platform shoes. I simply stand on a couple of
telephone books when I'm blowing snow.