BRuce

Default Powered Dust Hoods- Was Ping: Charlie Self

yes, the Trend is similar to the old 3M that I have. it is a little top
heavy and tends to tip you forward. Not a problem when mowing the lawn
or "sweeping" the garage with the leaf blower but gets heavy when
turning or sanding for long periods. Conceptually it works well, I would
just like to get the battery (and fan) off my head.

I figured I would have to transfer the "guts" of the peltor to the cups
on the Triton.

BRuce

Charlie Self wrote:
Larry West asks:

How small is this "little 'mini-roundup'" I'm not seeing it in my
March issue of Wood. Is it in the April issue? I buy 'em
semi-occasionally off the shelf nowadays. Was a better mag 10 years
ago. I'd be interesed in how the powered visors interface with
hearing protection, specifically my Peltor muffs

The Triton has its own set of muffs. I had a fast look at the Trend a month or
so ago, but when I asked Trend for info, I got sent to Woodcraft. My request
for information there was passed on by the product manager and ignored by the
marketing department, so that's an "I dunno."

The Triton also has that neat collar to keep the dust and chips from migrating
up into the respirator area, and down into the neck of your shirt.

I think, but I'm not sure, that the Trend has the battery in the mask, making
it a little head heavy. The Triton's battery is on a belt pack.

Don't know a thing about the Aircap.

Charlie Self
"Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made." Otto von
Bismarck