Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_12_] Steve B[_12_] is offline

Default Revisiting chainsaws

"Yooper" wrote in message
.. .
In article , says...
Stihl, and a tie for Husqvarna and Jonserand. I would opt for
Stihl on quality, Husquvarna for value, and Jonserand for a quality piece
of
merchandise, but questionable about parts or service, unless living in
Europe.
Steve

You must mean Jonsered.

And I can see that you figured it out. It is not that common of a name, you
must admit.

Anyway, there is no tie between Jonsered and
Husqvarna. Jonsered is a limbing saw, none of their models will take a
30" bar. I have used a Jonsered, I think it was a 2172? Their biggest
saw, anyway. It would not pull a 24" bar with any authority.
Both Husky and Stihl will. Remember, these are contractor grade saws,
not homeowners.

I stand corrected, and thank you for giving me more knowledge.

Steve