Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22470 Ignoramus22470 is offline

Default NEW RESULTS was Chevy Kodiak dumptruck gasoline problems

On 2012-03-02, dpb wrote:
On 3/2/2012 11:20 AM, Ignoramus22470 wrote:
A followup. Very embarrassing and very typical.

What was wrong was that I mixed up the supply and return lines, so the
fuel pump was pumping into the return line.

The truck now runs great and I have a foot in my mouth.

So just out of curiosity what was the original fundamental problem
(presuming you didn't receive the truck w/ the lines reversed)?

I'm at least somewhat surprised could do that--on the GM trucks I have
here the lines aren't interchangeable--the feed line is larger than
return, typically.

--

The original problem was bad fuel pump in the tank.

I got the tank separated from the truck and hooked it up wrong. The
lines, unfortunately, were interchangeable.