Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

I hope you get my drift that not understanding something has
absolutely nothing to do with faith, just is a result of a lack of
knowledge.

Dude - I snipped everything you posted above the included text because
you made my head hurt. Not because I could not understand it, rather
because I could not understand it. You really hafta stop doing that!

That said - your included comment above is spot on.

It gets complicated by the fact that people aren't lab mice that are
all inbred to be identical.

We aren't? Damn! I gotta think about this. Does that mean I really
can't convince my wife to...

Mike, this is something that is bedeviling medicine at the moment. so it
may seem funny and self-evident to you, but it is the reason why some
people are fine with a good medication, and others are not. Example:
ACE inhibitors are great high blood pressure drugs, but I developed an
irritating dry cough, and had to switch to another drug. Other people
are allergic to aspirin, and get asthmatic attacks. That is definitely
not funny. This type of thing is really setting back the development of
rationally designed drugs, and we are mostly still in the age of taking
stuff off a shelf and trying it out on this that or another condition.
Very disappointing, and extremely expensive. One of just a couple of
exceptions is Gleevec (Glievec), which was rationally designed for a kind
of leukemia, and has been generally extremely effective.

--
Best regards
Han