Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Raising snowblower handles?

Vic Smith wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:40:56 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

-snip-

Yeah, they're too low. I have to bend over just a bit to operate
it.

-snip-

You're just too tall for that snowblower.

Yeah- but it was just right for my pocketbook.g $200 & I don't
think it has 100 hours on it.

I've had a couple cheap ones and my son broke the handle on one
horsing it in deep snow. Tube steel just snapped.
That handle was attached to the body and no way to adjust.
Your best bet is to fabricate brackets where the handles attach to
lift them up. Heavy duty brackets.

Yup-- That's the plan. I was just hoping somebody else had made some
mistakes so I don't have to.

Jim