Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Yooper[_4_] Yooper[_4_] is offline

Default Revisiting chainsaws

In article ,
says...

Back in 2005 there was a lonnnngggg thread about chainsaws: the good,
the bad, and the ugly. I don't want to re-do that thread, just update
it a bit. Specifically, has anybody recently _changed_ their opinion of
Stihl or Husqvarna? And since the opinions back then were generally
good, I guess that I mean does anybody feel that Hus* or Stihl has gone
downhill recently?

Although, back then there was some thought that Stihls vibrated too
much. Any knowledge of that being fixed?

Thanks,
Bob

As a logger for 40 years I've used both. They both make contractor
grade saws. Both good saws, I have a slight preference for Husqvarna,
but I'll buy whichever is having a special at the time. I haven't looked
at any other brands in years, so I know nothing about them.