Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default in wall timer wiring

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 08:46:25 -0600, bud--
wrote:

On 3/1/2012 7:28 AM, Doug wrote:
The timer I wired in (successfully I might add) says in the sales
sheet it doesn't require a neutral wire. What is the advantage of
this? Still trying to learn wiring

Congratulations!
Did you get it working with the timer at the light-end (not hot feed end)?

No Bud, I had to wire it at the hot feed end per instructions. I
tried almost a whole day everything I could think of, getting
frustrated trying the leg end until I read on a site (not in the
instructions by the way) that it had to be wired from the hot feed
end. As soon as I switched it to the feed end, it worked. Funny
thing is I haven't programmed it yet, just working it in manual mode
right now. It is kinda funky tho on a 3 way switch because the timer
controls the 3 way circuit (well at least in manual mode) so if you
try to control at the other end, it won't work. As long as the timer
is turned on, the other switch works fine. To me, that's not a true 3
way circuit but what do I know grin. I think it really would be
better on a single pole switch which is what I plan to do with the
other timer I have.