Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 2/29/2012 3:04 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:17:08 -0600, Leon wrote:

If there is no God, where did everything that surrounds you come
from? There must have been a creator, obviously.

Leon, I don't know how much you know about quantum physics. I don't
know a lot, but I do know that the line between "exists" and "does
not exist" is getting very fuzzy. I also know that depending on our
senses to tell us how the universe works gives false results. And
finally, it's a long way from "was the universe created" to "is this
version of the creator the correct one".

I recently saw a hypothesis that said that not only could the
universe have been created from nothing, but that nothing may have
been a necessary condition for it to be created. That one is curious
enough that I'll have to investigate it when I have time :-).

If you've got some scientific background, and an hour to spare, you
might find this interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo

Yeah, I have heard a bit about that. I seems as though they don't
know something but will come up a way to prove that something exists
or does not exist with no way to prove the results.

I don't have all the knowledge I should to fully follow Krauss, but
listening to that hour of very funny commentary on his and others' work,
I sort of get it.

--
Best regards
Han