Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Joel[_2_] Michael Joel[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

Larry Blanchard wrote:
And with that one sentence you've shown how much you do not understand.
You denigrate scientific theories which, as have been pointed out to you
and others time and again, result from a great deal of testing to see if
they hold up. Then you and Michael base your arguments on a book that
has nothing to support its claim to be the "Truth" but your belief.

Please re-read your words "scientific theories"... and ..."nothing to
support its claim"..."but your belief".

Incorrect. If your require physical evidence - there have been countless
discoveries that have proven things in ancient times took place just as
described in God's Word. May I point out that these are discovered after
years of having to hear scientists and others telling us no such thing
ever existed or happened - simple example: King David. Countless times
we were told no such person existed, and if he did (which is an obvious
give away about the speaker's knowledge), he was simple a leader of a
barbaric clan. Facts have proven Israel was indeed an advanced culture
ruled by the Laws given as described in God's Word. There are plenty of
other examples. As for the world around us they all proved out God's
Laws every time.

I dare say there is more physical evidence that people can touch to back
up God's Word than scientists can actually provide. None of this even
matters though because Faith is the evidence of things hoped for -.
Hebrews 11:1 - and why would someone hope for something they can see -
Romans 8:24.
I don't base my Faith on whether I can touch or see something.

BTW, have either of you read the bible books that were thrown out by
Jerome because they didn't agree with his beliefs? Or the ones Luther
threw out because they disagreed with his? Or the one Joseph Smith
added? How about the version edited by Thomas Jefferson? Amazing how
the "revealed Truth" changes over time, isn't it?

Actually that is misleading as well. First we must assume God isn't in
control of keeping His Word for a Witness. I suggest you read the Old
Testament - it has many, many examples of sinful men doing things that
they thought were in their power, but was actually being used by God to
bring about the results He had already planned.

Your words are as logical as the scientific method though. By you simply
stating It was changed/added to - means you know about those changes.

I can go into a bunch of "intellectual" talk about how The Bible as a
book came to be (through man's view) but what is the use? It all comes
down to Faith - It is just silliness to those who don't believe.

1 Corinthians 1:20-25
Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this
age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? [21] For since in
the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God,
God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to
save those who believe. [22] For indeed Jews ask for signs, and Greeks
search for wisdom; [23] but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a
stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness, [24] but to those who are
the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom
of God. [25] Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the
weakness of God is stronger than men.

I wonder why I bother with these threads but then I remember that if just
one person reads this and questions his beliefs because of it, whatever
the conclusion he comes to at least I've encouraged him to think about
them.

Same here. You see it is a war. Not a physically violent war (since if I
did that I would be casting off the Truth). But it is a war between
light and darkness. I am afraid no matter how stupid and ignorant I may
be (I make no argument against it) light will win. You can't stop it. It
is already set and will happen. Revelation 13:10

--
Michael Joel

parksfamily2 ------ ---- --- gmail ----- ----- com
replace dashes with correct symbols