Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 23:45:01 -0500, clare wrote:

The interpretation of science as other than a religion shows a lack of
understanding of how much we really do NOT understand.

And with that one sentence you've shown how much you do not understand.
You denigrate scientific theories which, as have been pointed out to you
and others time and again, result from a great deal of testing to see if
they hold up. Then you and Michael base your arguments on a book that
has nothing to support its claim to be the "Truth" but your belief.

BTW, have either of you read the bible books that were thrown out by
Jerome because they didn't agree with his beliefs? Or the ones Luther
threw out because they disagreed with his? Or the one Joseph Smith
added? How about the version edited by Thomas Jefferson? Amazing how
the "revealed Truth" changes over time, isn't it?

I wonder why I bother with these threads but then I remember that if just
one person reads this and questions his beliefs because of it, whatever
the conclusion he comes to at least I've encouraged him to think about
them.