Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Press fit and heat treatment question

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 10:00:24 -0800 (PST), andrew
wrote:

I think the reason the loctite did not cure is because I did not have
an air tight seal between the pins and plate. I'm keeping my fingers
crossed on the epoxy (3M DP-100 two part expoy is what I had in hand
and used)

Well, good luck. If I remember the description of your job, it only
requires shear strength. DP100 should be Ok for that. It's made for
use on a wide variety of materials so it's probably somewhat flexible
-- generally a good thing. Like most fast-cure epoxies, it's not
particularly strong or water-resistant. But it's probably all you
need.

'Hope it holds.

--
Ed Huntress