Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 23:45:01 -0500, wrote:
The interpretation of science as other than a religion shows a lack
of understanding of how much we really do NOT understand.

But, that's exactly what religion is. Religion is a concept created by
man that lets him deal with the inexplicable. One might also say that
religion is a code of conduct created by man that's not much different
than the laws enacted by any government.

However you might want to describe it, men created religion as a means
to dictate the actions of others of their species. In our society
anyway, choice of which religion to follow is entirely optional. That
is why I tend to react unfavorably when people try to publicly inject
religion into my presence. I take it as someone trying to control me
when they have no right to do so.

In this example at least, I understand why Jack is so vehemently
against the actions of Gass and SawStop.