Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT - Mo' free government Benefits

In article , Dan Espen
wrote:

Ie. the doctor can charge for consulting with the patient on
this issue. (Sometimes referred to as "Death Panels".)

I am not sure what you are talking about, unless it is the part that
they can get reimbursed for talking about durable powers of attorney,
etc. The death panels were a completely different thing altogether.

Were they?

According to Wikipedia "Death Panels":

Palin specified that she was referring to Section 1233 of bill HR 3200
which would have paid physicians for providing voluntary counseling to
Medicare patients about living wills, advance directives, and
end-of-life care options.

Maybe Palin, but most of the death panel stuff I heard at the time had
to with thins like the IAPB that they were going to put into place that
would decide coverage issues and what would and would not be paid for. I
always thought that was one of the dumbest arguments because there have
ALWAYS been people deciding what would and would not be paid for. Even
MCare doesn't automatically for every new treatment and medication upon
release. You had it pre-ACA and you will have it post-ACA. You had it in
the privates and you had it in the governmental.