Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT - Mo' free government Benefits

In article , Dan Espen
wrote:

Kurt Ullman writes:

In article ,
Han wrote:

Thanks for the references, and the data! Seems to confirm that it is
expensive to be sick, and that afterwards you still die ... So the
question needs to be restated - and it is definitely a selfish question -
should people be encouraged to limit their use of the most expensive
forms of care in their last moments? Something everyone needs to
consider, IMO.

That is the wrong question. The real thing at issue is WHEN should
people be encouraged to limit their use?

Wasn't this resolved in the ACA?

Not my knowledge. In fact the main force, according to the President
himself, the The Independent Payment Advisory Board, or IPAB,
specifically is forbidden to enter this realm. (In real life because of
the fact it is forbidden to do much of anything, it won't function, but
that is beside the point, I guess.

Ie. the doctor can charge for consulting with the patient on
this issue. (Sometimes referred to as "Death Panels".)

I am not sure what you are talking about, unless it is the part that
they can get reimbursed for talking about durable powers of attorney,
etc. The death panels were a completely different thing altogether.

So the answer is, as of ACA, it's between the patient and the doctor.

Not to my understanding. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Seems like a reasonable first try to me.