Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default log law pots ratio?

On Feb 29, 11:22*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"Adrian ****"

Just come across a stereo slider in a Yamaha mixer amp labelled A10K x2 ,
fair enough meaning log, but mid track is 25 percent of 10K .

K-Taper?

** *FFS moron *- * it says *" A" taper *!!

The factory could have installed the wrong elements.

Assuming Cook is measuring the midpoint resistance as part of some
troubleshooting process on a customer's defective equipment, I'd like
to know (1) was this channel always bad? and (2) what reading he gets
from the other channels. This would show if it's an isolated
manufacturing mistake, or if the pot was damaged during operation. If
the midpoint resistance was the 1K that the A-taper suggests, then if
some fault drove it to 2.5K, I would expect the overall resistance to
be 1.5K (or better) more. I'd like to know (3) what the overall
resistance now is (4) for both sides of the pot, (5) for similar parts
from the other channels, because I can't picture the same fault
condition affecting multiple channels identically at the same time.