Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

Well I don't know about you, but I don't have the where withal to build
a better alternative energy car. Reality is that the battery cars are
not as big savings yet either. They are better, but not great.

Lots of lead acid batteries, that go bad over time. Still relying on
hydrocarbons to refuel the batteries.

So right now the enemy is the oil companies, and our American auto
makers; which have been behind the eight ball for a long, long time.

Long ago Japan eclipsed us. I remember a 65mpg Honda.
The VOLT is a joke.

The enemy is not necessarily us, as much as what is being offered.
Toyota and Honda have been ahead of the pack.

On 2/29/2012 4:59 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"tiredofspam wrote:

I think we ought to take the CEO's of the oil companies out for a
bath in the ****ter.

Because that's what they doing ****ting around on us.

The oil companies are just the most visible culprit; however, the real
enemy is us.

Until we develop and implement alternate energy resources that reduce
demand for hydrocarbon based fuels, we will continue to get jerked
around.

It's our choice.

Lew