Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Idle fun for net hackers..

Rod Speed wrote:
Tim Watts wrote

You are talking in absolutes and as such, zero risk is not possible.

There is absolutely zero risk of you producing a perpetual
motion machine, or of ever being able to fart you way to
the moon, no matter how many cans of bean you eat.

That is true within the context of known science.

I am sure Tim will say that something COULD change the laws of
physics..but there you go.

Since its an event that has never to our knowledge happened, and now one
knows how it might be achieved, it is not meaningful to assign a
probability to it.

There is absolutely zero risk of anyone being able turn the sun off too.

If you wish to rephrase and say the risk can be made insignificant, I would accept that.

Doesnt matter what you accept.

Then why bother talking to him?