Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Idle fun for net hackers..

Andy Champ wrote:
On 29/02/2012 18:39, Tim Watts wrote:
You may have a "potentially detectable" change, but for any practical
detection mechanism, I feel fairly safe in asserting that it could
potentially be hacked so as not to leave a trace *detectable by the
detection mechanism".

It's an arms race - however many tripwires you put up, there's always
a way,
no matter how improbable, that a change could be effected that does
not trip
the tripwires.

It's been demonstrated time and time again that everytime you put an
obstacle in the way of people who care, they will eventually defeat it if
determined enough.

Beautifully put.

Now then, zero risk. There's no significant risk that I'll be killed by
a meteor on the way to work tomorrow. As far as I can tell although
several people have been struck, and a few animals killed, no human in
history has been killed by one. But zero? Ask any dinosaur.

There is zero risk you will have you leg removed and not notice it.

Which is more what we are talking about.

The risk is insignificant, which is not the same thing at all.

Andy