Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Idle fun for net hackers..

Tim Watts wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Andy Burns wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tim Watts wrote

I don't accept an exactly 0 risk is possible on any non isolated computer.

Corse its possibile, most obviously with a full restore from image
after every use on the net with a box used for browsing for example.

Then your backup image becomes the target,

Cant be if its not net accessible.

if it's on readonly medium it gets mysteriously swapped

The ****ing great Alsatian and the CCTV system ensures
that it cant be without a record of that happening.

... depends on you adversary, but the risk is definitely 0

Fraid not.

They hack your CCTV

Not even possible, and even if it was, its trivial to record that that happened.

and drug your dog.

Not even possible, and even if it was, its trivial to record that that happened.

For every assertion I can produce a counter assertion,

Yes.

which no matter how silly, is still possible.

Fraid not.