Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Idle fun for net hackers..

Tim Watts wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tim Watts wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

exactly, An undetectable change that results in no detectable
activity by anyone in the whole universe is not a security risk.

You may have a "potentially detectable" change, but for
any practical detection mechanism, I feel fairly safe in
asserting that it could potentially be hacked so as not to
leave a trace *detectable by the detection mechanism".

Doesnt matter if you are fairly certain or not, there are obvious
examples where that isnt possible. Most obviously with a full
restore from image using a machine that isnt even net accessible.

You are assuming all hacking involves net access.

Nope, I know that its even easier to ensure that physical access is recorded.

What's wrong with physical access?

Its even easier to ensure that that doesnt go undetected.

It's all part of security.

Sure, and even easier to ensure that doesnt go undetected.

And even easier to ensure that even if it happens, it doesnt matter, by replication.

You have to do that to protect against natural and unnatural disasters anyway.