Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default RFID in your credit card?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 06:51:17 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Erik wrote:

I wholeheartedly suggest demanding RFID free cards from your card
company/s.

Most merchants outside the U.S., e.g. Europe, will not take a card without
RFID.

I had no problems in Europe with my regular cards. Just this week
though, I received a "World Card" from Master card. I have no idea if
it has an RFID or not. MC only says it is accepted around the world.
Nor did they say why they replaced my old card.

The strip may burn, but a couple seconds in a microwave should fry it.

Greg