Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Keep light switch ON! All the time?

On 2/28/2012 1:45 AM, tim birr wrote:
A "light switch" in a guest bedroom controls my attic fan.

The fan operates on a thermostat. So, it only goes on in the warmer
months. However, I am getting tired of guests continually flipping it
on and off.

So, I thought, what about putting a blank wall plate there. But, how
do I "fix" the wires so the current will be on all the time? Or, is
that a no-no (don't know why it would be, but...).
tim

Not very sophisticated but I just taped over a switch to keep on all the
time. Just a strip of regular adhesive tape.