Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Zenny update, Feb 27, 2012

On Feb 28, 12:29*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
rangerssuck fired this volley in news:65903f43-
:

WHAT?!? Sharpest and highest contrast are what define the word
"focus". Why in the world would you want anything less than the
sharpest focus? How could that make your eye muscles work harder?

I did not use the word "focus". *I used the term "the correction is too
strong".

When over-correction is introduced, the image _appears_ to the patient to
be sharper because it also becomes smaller and more contrasty. *EXACTLY
on focus is just before that visual artifact occurs.

Many people choose the over-corrected prescription, only to find later
that their eyes are constantly fatigued.

LLoyd

Do you have a reference for that? It just doesn't make sense to me
that something could be more contrasty and less focused.