Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default plasterboard jointing question

harry wrote:
On Feb 28, 1:52 pm, ss wrote:
On 28/02/2012 12:56, ss wrote:

Making good progress with my partition wall however something I didnt
take account of was how to joint the new plasterboard to the artexed
ceiling as its obviously not a smooth surface.
The rest of the joints I am ok with.

I think I now have the naswer `flattape` as close to the ceiling edge
as possible.

Ask for"scrim". A loose weave, stick on tape. It is applied over the
joints before skimming the boards with plaster. It prevents cracks
from appearing on the joints later

It's supposed to *help* prevent cracks appearing in the plaster later.

Usually by making them appear somewhere else and/or then pulling the
plasterboard off the shrinking studwork :-)

Better is to use decorators caulk on internal edges