Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how to prevent fence posts rotting

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:07:11 +0000, stuart noble wrote:

http://www.postsaver.co.uk/

Something tells me these will be a waste of money, but by then you won't
remember that you used them. I've known people char the bottom of posts
but IME nothing makes much difference. As Dave says the problem lies AT
ground level, not below ground.

Can't say I'm convinced either. The sleeve is fitted so the top is
well above ground level so the enviroment in the timber might remain
too wet by capillary action from the ground and lacking in oxygen.
Above the sleeve it can dry out fairly quickly so the Goldilocks Zone
might be reduced.

--
Cheers
Dave.