Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning pc

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:26:47 -0600, "Bob-tx" Live Spam free wrote:

"Notat Home" wrote in message
m...
One of my pc's has a health check program, which supposedly checks the pc
for problems. The last time it ran, it gave me a message that the pc
should periodically be cleaned. I've been doing this with a vacuum, but
they suggested a can of compressed air. Cans of compressed air are
surprisingly expensive, so I started thinking of using my air compressor,
or a politician.

Would an air compressor work? I'm wondering if I can set it low enough to
insure the computer is not harmed.

I'm going to have to disagree with the others. Do Not use compressed air
from
an air compressor.

First, there is often moisture in compressed air from you air compressor,
and this small undetectable amount can certainly harm your computer.

Second, too much pressure can damage components.

Best bet, buy the expensive compressed air.

Bob-tx

If you keep your compressor tank drained you don't get moisture in
the lines - and a water trap is a common accessory.

Copmmon sense goes a long way - but is getting hard to find.