Posted to alt.home.repair
RMD[_3_] RMD[_3_] is offline

Default Cleaning pc

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:09:26 -0500, Notat Home wrote:

One of my pc's has a health check program, which supposedly checks the
pc for problems. The last time it ran, it gave me a message that the pc
should periodically be cleaned. I've been doing this with a vacuum, but
they suggested a can of compressed air. Cans of compressed air are
surprisingly expensive, so I started thinking of using my air
compressor, or a politician.

Would an air compressor work? I'm wondering if I can set it low enough
to insure the computer is not harmed.

Compressed air can make a dusty, grimy computer look like brand new
again.

I know computer pro's who regularly clean out computers with shop
compressed air. I've done it myself for years. I've never known it to
cause a problem. It often lowers the CPU temperature substantially
once the heat sink isn't covered in fluff.

Just hold the fan blades so they don't spin up to supersonic speeds.

Ross