Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Round frames on router table

On 02/25/2012 04:51 AM, Bruce wrote:

Heh! I wasn't layering them until you made me paranoid!

I think I'll need to do a real stress test, try to cycle the moisture content
as much as possible and compare the results. This might be the final driver
as to using radial grain layout (and ease of shaping), or the more
traditional circumferential grain (and more difficult shaping, but possibly
better resistance to splitting)

Be interesting to hear how that works out. Normally I'd expect that
moisture content would be very time dependent - it happens very slowly
over the seasons. I know if I dry bowls too fast they crack. Probably
have a similar issue if they humidity is raised too quickly. You might
make a couple and just put them on the shelf for a year or so as well as
making a couple to do a more rapid cycling on...

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska