Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Removing Rain-X from car windshield - factory advice

Jim Yanik posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= wrote in
m:

posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I guess I just have to remove it from that 1/4 th of the window.
Anyone know what will remove it?

Thanks

I did not read all the posts on this but I wanted to remove it from
the outside because I didn't like it. I called the factory. According
to them it forms a bond with the glass. They stated the only thing
that will remove it is either BonAmi window cleaner ("never
scratches") or Clorox Soft Scrub. Scrub is the keyword. I used the
lemon scented as I did not want bleach around the car.

I tried alcohol, lacquer thinner, silicone remover, acetone, all kinds
of miracle glass cleaners - all no joy.

you're worried about bleach on your car,yet used acetone and lacquer
thinner?

Yes, I could control and test these in very small areas and amounts. You are
confusing me with the general idiots, I just don't poor the quart on then let
it fly. Soft Scrub does splatter, even in small amounts.

Don't assume I am an idiot.

--
Tekkie