Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Archon Archon is offline

Default CRT size vs anode voltage?

On 2/24/2012 4:36 PM, mike wrote:
I need a 10-15KV supply for an electronic air filter.
Thought I'd pick up a free CRT TV and take the anode supply
out.
What's a typical relationship between CRT size and anode voltage?

Alternative sources for free HV supplies at near zero current would
also be helpful. I was surprised I found nothing on ebay.

Thanks, mike

You might want to look at a scope chassis from something like the Tek
2213A/2215A. The power supply and EHT circuit is very simple and could
easily be isolated, its about 14KV. You could probably saw out the power
section.
JC