Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Sander

On 2/27/2012 12:33 PM, Steve B wrote:
I am looking for a combination sander. One with a belt, disk, and drum on
the same machine, for small items. They range all over the map pricewise.
Without going to a real high quality unit, which is a lot more than I need,
what would be a good unit? I'd like one that has a horizontal as well as
vertical belt, although that may be possible with the same machine.

Figure to spend around $150. Is that possible? Maybe at a pawn shop?

Steve

Gosh, as I always heard arriving at my fishing spot, "You should have
been here last week!"

Larry Blanchard kindly recommended this disc sander substitute for $18.99 :

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/200...g-Disc-10.aspx

I was looking at sanders from Grizzly, and Leon suggested to look for
one with a cast iron wheel.

That may help you to admire this unit deep breath:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/12-D...th-Brake/G0702

Once you start admiring all of the features on it:, nice cast iron
table, built in brake, etc., you'll forget all about what you planned to
spend! : )

I think we're in the same boat, maybe we can go "Half-sies"?
How far are you willing to drive to use it?? : )

Bill