Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

Hawke wrote:

I'd like to see how accurate you would be after seeing a TV program one
time over two weeks earlier, and not having made any effort to remember
it.

But I am not the one putting those number out there to support an
argument.

I did misremember what Nader said. In my memory of the show I
thought he said 130 million workers had ten dollar an hour jobs. After
checking it out what he really said was 1/3 of the workforce was making
Walmart wages. So regardless of what he said, the truth is the same, and
that is we have a third of our workers making ten bucks an hour or less.
That means we have around 50 million people working for really bad
wages. Does my memory have anything to do with that fact? Is it
important that didn't remember the numbers exactly? I don't think so.

It became important when you claimed those WERE the numbers and that
Nader had documentation for them.

Maybe a bit... imprecise... in memory, though?

The longer it's been since you saw something the less of it is
remembered. It's the same for you as it is for me. I've seen every
Superbowl live. I don't remember a lot of any of them. No one can.

And I can't say that I have EVER seen ANY of them live. Complete waste
of time. [I may have though, at my parents we usually had games on in
the background while we played chess. Depends on which side I was
sitting on if I saw it. More often the rose bowl than the superbowl,
that would be for sure.]

If you really think that empty suit, Romney, will do better you are
dreaming.

Better the empty suit, than the truly scary sweater that could be his
alternative.

jk