Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick[_21_] Rick[_21_] is offline

Default how to prevent fence posts rotting

On 27/02/2012 11:29 AM, The Other Mike wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 22:52:32 +0000, Rick
wrote:

D) .. do I what I did fit concrete H section posts, and fit wood between
them, paint with Santdtex in colour to match wood - I mixed my own ..
unless you go real close you do not know they are not wood.
They will not rot, and also will not blow or over or work loose

Or clad them in tanalised rough sawn timber - gravel boards are ideal
if a bit wide. Then they look like solid timber.

I fitted gravel boards .. and then fence on top