Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Where did Harbor Freight come from?

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 00:52:58 -0500, Jay Hanig
wrote:

On 2/26/2012 10:57 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
I have 9 different Harbor Freight advertisements sitting on my desk at
the moment, every one is different although many of the ads on any
sheet have about 80% of the advertised specials found on the other
sheets. This led me to wonder just where Harbor Freight came from. I
don't recall hearing anything about the company until about 3-4 years
ago, and then they suddenly seemed to be all over the place, both in
advertisements and their retail stores. Anyone know actual facts
about their history?

Wikipedia says they started in 1968. Read all about them he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbor_Freight_Tools

Interesting. Their site says 1977 and I would have sworn I ordered
stuff from them in 73-74 -ish. I wonder if there is some legal
deal or if that's a typo on their site.

Jim