Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default how to prevent fence posts rotting

all I can say is that all the wood posts I have which were in concrete
rotted but the ones a bit longer but put into earth seem not to have done.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"ss" wrote in message
I know there are all sorts of preservatives in B&Q etc for painting on
fence posts but isnt there a longer term solution like coating the part
below ground with something to stop water soaking in to the posts, like a
plastic coating. I am basing my enquiry on the basis of thinking most of
the bog standard preservatives are so enviromentally friendly they probably
are not really much good.

Any thoughts or ideas on this.