Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Electrical Question GFCI & Open ground

On Feb 26, 4:41*pm, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Feb 26, 4:04 pm, Steve Barker wrote:

first thought is to **** can the digital and use an analog meter. Then
retest.

--
Steve Barker
...or I could test 3 other grounded circuits in the same house and see

The meter is fine, it is the meter operator.

Many digital meters will not load a circuit so that even the smallest
ammount of induced voltage will show up. *Most do not understand this.
That is why you are seeing such oddball voltages on the circuit.

With a lamp plugged into the same GFCI, and turned on, I get the same
"oddball" readings at the GFCI.

With no load on 2 other circuits that I tested, I get the expected
readings of 0 between ground and neutral, 115V between hot and ground.

Fluke 75 multimeter.

Still think it's operator error?